Google Analytics

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Innovating with Jenga!




 I bought the game of Jenga a couple of years back before realizing that it's rather too much for a 4 or 5 year old. Ever since then, the kids have found out innovative ways of using the blocks from playing Dominoes with them to building up different structures. This one was the "highest" ever one and therefore the look of achievement on D's face :).



After a while of trying the high structures, S moved to making a train which was also pretty great!

11 comments:

  1. Lolz. Kids! They rarely play with toys the way they are supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah from leaving behind all their toys to play with pots and pans from the kitchen to stuff like this :)

      Delete
  2. The train is pretty cool. I would have never thought of making one..trust a kid to come up with that. Yup jenga's never been a hit with my kids as well...maybe I shd take it out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I felt the same, glad that kids turn out more inventive than me most of the time ;).

      Delete
  3. so sweet..but what are these? building blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uma, these are wooden blocks called Jenga - they are not supposed to be building blocks, the concept of the game is a bit different, check it out online. In my home, they are building blocks most of the time unless hubby tries to coax D into playing the actual game ;).

      Delete
  4. Wow! Really creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds of the Jenga I bought for myself and I have not used it even once....#remindertoself - use it for the next reunion :)A cute post Aparna! love the kids smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have a couple of games like that lying around too ;). Thanks Swathika!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Saritha - it's from Swadeshi.

      Delete