Google Analytics

Sunday, December 08, 2013

An event filled Saturday - Part I

December has been a month filled with activities and hectic weekends, and a couple of them culminated today (Dec 7). The first was a Science and Arts exhibition at D's school that I thought was very well thought out and well organized as well. It wasn't just children displaying their projects but had so many facets to it. They had sold coupons in advance, which could be used to play games in the different subjects. The first one I attempted was this veggie identification game :). Can you identify them all, I did ;) ?


A small canteen was run by the kids as well, with us first needing to exchange money for paper notes that were photocopied actual notes cut out to shape .. and the kids had to handle the calculations and change etc. I was so impressed by this concept, I think many of us can use it at home to get the children to understand both math and money concepts!! I'm definitely going to :).

Oh yes, I am running late on my marathon, so the day's events have been divided into 2 parts ;).

5 comments:

  1. I like the whole canteen idea!! Sounds like a smart way to teach kids independence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Ruth, very effective and it was so cute watching the kids doing their addition and subtraction on little notes to figure out what change to give back. This was only Class 1-3, so all quite young children as well.

      Delete
  2. It was a great Saturday, right? I loved all the exhibits and how formally the kids addressed us all. Oh and I played that veggie game too and got it right! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I think Dill was the biggest stumble and possibly the turnips :)

      Delete
  3. I've realised I've been so behind in my reading. You've been updating the blog so regularly. Trying to catch up. This is such a super idea.. Photocopying real notes. Will surely try it.

    ReplyDelete