Google Analytics

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 10: He grit his teeth and bore the pain…

He knew it would only be a few more minutes and he just had to hold on to the pain until then.. a few more steps.. nearer.. nearer... and at last he saw it.. the finish line of his first ever Marathon. He crossed it and at last vocalized the pain.. which was now also a huge gasp of victory... and plonked down on the nearby patch of grass to soothe his aching feet.




For the themed post of #MB2013 December blogging with Marathon Bloggers. My friends who are runners, pardon me if it is factually incorrect, it was the only scenario that came to my mind :). 

7 comments:

  1. Good one, Aparna. So, is that the next thing on your agenda? Running marathons? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aparna... is that how you are viewing the Blogger's marathon?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shailaja and Ruth, such differing views ;).. I think Ruth's is more accurate in this case, especially where fiction entries are concerned :P.
    Shailaja, I did half heartedly try to get into running at some point, but like my other fitness attempts that too only lasted for a short time. I am still fascinated by it though and if I had company who could keep nudging me, it might be different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for that, if you're serious. A word of caution, though. If you haven't run before, do check out all the fitness training that goes into it. I know friends who took up running with a newfound passion and ended up injuring their knees pretty badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean Shailaja.. that's why the one time I tried I took it easy.. too easy maybe :P.. will slowly start again after this chilling cold is out of the way!

      Delete
  5. Marathons seem to be the flavour of the season. That's one of my dreams. Of course the full marathon is out of question but a 10km run seems doable after plenty of practice of course. Maybe.. One day before I turn 60 or maybe after.. Wo knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I hoped as well Tulika, wish you were nearby we could have teamed up and egged each other on!

      Delete